Attorney Heather Y. Hamilton
Heather has served as an associate attorney at Howard Family Law, LLC since 2018. Prior to joining Howard Family Law, LLC, Heather worked as a law clerk in a private practice family law firm in St. Louis Missouri. While at that firm, Heather gained valuable experience assisting the attorneys with litigation preparation in all aspects of family law matters, including but not limited to divorce, spousal maintenance, property disputes, child custody, parenting plans, paternity and child support.
Heather attended the University of Colorado Law School, and while in law school, she was a certified student attorney with the juvenile clinic. She has also previously clerked for a Boulder County Judge where she helped develop a policy-oriented presentation for a Colorado judicial conference that addressed the intersection of homelessness and the judicial system.
Heather grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, but has found her home in Minnesota. When Heather isn’t practicing law, she likes to practice yoga, hike, and spend time with her dog.
- State of Minnesota (2018)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- First District Bar Association
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- People Serving People
- University of Colorado Law School – Boulder, Colorado – J.D. (2018)
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities – Minneapolis, Minnesota – B.A. (2014)
- Reinker, Hamilton & Piper, LLC – law clerk (2017)
- Reinker, Hamilton & Piper, LLC – legal assistant (2010 – 2015)
|The Attorney’s Guide to Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements||National Business Institute||September 2019|