WE ARE STILL OPEN! — Learn more about our alternate meeting options, or call our office at (952) 224-9410.

Post-Decree & Modification Issues in Dakota County

Helping Clients Successfully Resolve Their Post-Decree and Modification Issues Throughout Dakota County

Minnesota courts recognize that circumstances change, and existing orders may need to be amended as a result. If you or your ex-spouse experiences a drastic change in your lifestyle to the extent that satisfying the existing agreement is no longer possible, you may petition the court for a modification. It’s a good idea to work with a knowledgeable family law attorney during this process to ensure that your request is successful.

Child Custody/Parenting Time Modifications

When court-ordered custody and/or parenting time needs to be modified, it is vital that you and your ex-spouse take the proper steps to ensure that the process is performed correctly. There are many instances in which an existing custody or parenting time order may need to be changed, including endangerment issues for the child (mentally, emotionally, or physically), relocation of residences, and/or a change in a child’s preferences or needs.

Child Support Modification

When a party’s financial situation changes, there is often a need for child support modification. These financial changes can be triggered by any number of events, including an increase or decrease in wages, change in health care costs, or the loss of one’s job. When these sorts of changes happen, it is important that the existing child support order be amended accordingly.

Spousal Maintenance Modification

Spousal maintenance may need to be modified due to changes in the financial circumstances of either party. Since spousal maintenance is based on both the payor’s ability to pay and the recipient’s need for spousal maintenance, any change in the lifestyles of either party may trigger the need to modify the existing maintenance award.

Get Started

For trusted Family Law Services

Howard Family Law, LLC offers personalized legal counsel to Eagan and Dakota County families struggling with divorce and modification issues. Call (952) 224-9410 now to schedule your free consultation with a trusted and compassionate attorney.