We ran across the article below which advises people what NOT to do after a breakup.
Some of those items were as follows:
- Don’t make dramatic physical changes
- Don’t expect your ex to be reasonable
- Don’t hook up with your ex
Although some of the suggestions some make sense, some seem a bit over the top and quite “un-fun.” Breakups are hard to go through, and sometimes it makes sense to allow yourself to let loose and simply have some fun.
According to this article, the first thing is to not make any dramatic changes to your appearance. Although it makes sense to not run out and get a tattoo, changing your hair, getting a new outfit, maybe even a piercing that can be removed is not an altogether bad idea. Do what makes you feel good again!
Our favorite things that the article points out NOT to do are these:
- Do not disparage ex on social media. We as attorneys find that oftentimes, Facebook and other sources of social media area goldmine of information to use against a party in a divorce or custody proceeding. Best to remain silent.
- Do not isolate yourself. It is important to get out there. Be present. Continue to get out and do things. It will help keep you involved and ready to take new chances.
All in all, it was an interesting article with some food for thought. There is no perfect way to get through a divorce or break up. What works for you will not work for others, and vice-versa.
If you have questions related to a possible dissolution of marriage, child custody questions, or parenting time concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office (952) 224-9410